“I am not interested in art as a means of making a living, but I am interested in art as a means of living a life.” Robert Henri

Saturday, July 3, 2010





While on the morning walk, I caught a photo or two of sunbeams filtering though billowing cumulus clouds.

It did not seem like too difficult a task to try and capture a few beams in oils coming through clouds on a landscape.  (Wrong.) 

This, after many painting attempts, does not nearly capture that view:


It needs lots more contrast in the lights and darks and many more layers of paint.

The late Bob Ross shows how to make clouds on a YouTube video:


NOW, after reviewing the Ross video, let's take a snippet of the cloud from the lighthouse canvas:



And with a little fan brush work, here is a later rendition of clouds with a bit of tutalage from Bob Ross:



The pinks need to be worked in, along with more white. It is a work in progress!

3 comments:

  1. Fine and nice blog you have! Writes a line to say that I have been here for a visit!
    Have a nice summer!
    Best regards from Peter Indispensable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed cruising both your blogs. You are a talented artist. I'll be back. Thanks for sharing your paintings online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clouds and your painting! I think it is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, I think...